State law requires that you obtain an Arizona vehicle registration and driver license, immediately if any of the following applies:
- You work in Arizona (other than for seasonal agricultural work).
- You are registered to vote in Arizona.
- You place children in school without paying the tuition rate of a nonresident.
- You have a business with an office in Arizona that bases and operates vehicles in this state.
- You obtain a state license or pay school tuition fees at the same rate as an Arizona resident.
- You have a business that operates vehicles to transport goods or passengers within Arizona.
- You remain in Arizona for a total of seven months or more during any calendar year, regardless of your permanent residence.
- Out-of-state students enrolled with seven or more semester hours, are not considered Arizona residents, regardless of employment.
*Active duty military personnel based in Arizona who qualify for exemption under the Service Members Civil Relief Act of 2003 are not considered Arizona residents.