Can I join Global Entry if I am not U.S. Citizen or Green card holder?

Global Entry is also available to citizens of the Netherlands who are enrolled in Privium and Korean Smart Entry Service members. Citizens of Mexico may also apply for Global Entry. Canadian NEXUS members have Global Entry benefits, but are not eligible to join.

Are all U.S. Visa classifications eligible for participation in Global Entry?

If your country has a bilateral trusted traveler arrangement with CBP, you may participate in Global Entry provided you are NOT entering the U.S. under one of the following visa categories:

  • C-1 – Alien in Transit
  • C-2 – Alien in Transit to United Nations
  • C-3 – Foreign Government Official In transit
  • H-1C – Registered Nurse
  • H-2A – Agricultural worker
  • H-2B – Unskilled worker
  • H-2R – Returning H-2B
  • H-3 – Trainee
  • K-1 – FiancĂ© of U.S. Citizen
  • K-2 – Child of K-1
  • K-3 – Spouse of U.S. Citizen
  • K-4 – Child of K-3
  • M-1 – Vocational student
  • M-2 – Spouse/child of M-1
  • N-8 – Parent of SK-3
  • N-9 – Child of N-8, SK-1, SK-2, SK-4
  • S-5 – Witness/Informant
  • S-6 – Witness/Informant
  • S-7 – Family members of S-5, S-6
  • T-1 – Trafficking victim
  • T-2 – Spouse of T-1
  • T-3 – Child of T-1
  • T-4 – Parent of T-1
  • T-5 – Sibling of T-1
  • U-1 – Criminal Activity Victim
  • U-2 – Spouse of U-1
  • U-3 – Child of U-1
  • U-4 – Parent of U-1
  • U-5 – Sibling of U-1

How are Global Entry Cards used?

CBP accepts Global Entry cards for lawful U.S. entry at land and sea ports of entry. Global Entry cards have radio frequency identification, which enables their use at SENTRI and NEXUS expedited travel lanes entering the U.S. Global Entry cards are not valid for entry into Canada via the NEXUS lanes and kiosks. Global Entry cards are not accepted at Global Entry kiosks, which require passports or U.S. lawful permanent resident cards. Global Entry card holders must follow all program rules for SENTRI and NEXUS when using this card at land and sea ports of entry.

Do I have to get the card or can I just use my passport?

You do not have to get the actual card to use Global Entry. You only need your passport. It is not necessary to obtain a Global Entry card to continue using Global Entry at airport kiosks. A card is only required for expedited entry at the SENTRI and NEXUS lanes coming into the United States.Those are on the Mexican and Canadaian borders respectively.

Leave a Reply